“The NRA’s position on the Second Amendment is clear.
The gun lobby is for self-defense and a limited government.
The Second Amendment doesn’t give you the right to shoot someone to death.”
– Former GOP candidate Rick Perry, who is running for governor of Texas, on Fox News, Feb. 2, 2020.
“If you want to be a leader, if you want freedom, you have to make sure you can have a firearm at your disposal.”
– Rick Perry on CNN, March 12, 2020 “It’s my position that the Second Amendments don’t give the government the right, the right of anyone to shoot anyone in a place that they want.
It’s my stance that I’d rather see someone armed with a gun, not just with a pistol but with a rifle, than someone who’s in a vehicle, someone who has a handgun in their hand, because I think that person, when they take the time to study the Second …
Amendment, they’re more likely to learn to defend themselves.”
– Texas Gov.
Rick Perry in a Fox News interview, April 14, 2020″If you are looking for an answer to the question, ‘Do I believe that the government has the right under the Second amendment to shoot people if they don’t do what I want them to do?’
You’ve got to ask yourself, ‘If I’m in the car with a firearm, what’s the safest place I can be in?’
And you’ve got the answer that I give to that.”
– Sen. John Cornyn, who opposes gun control measures in Congress, in an interview on Fox Business Network, May 2, 2019.
“The Second Amendment, the Second Branch of Government, doesn’t allow you to shoot anybody in a private home.
The NRA’s Position on the …
– GOP candidate John Cornino, in a speech at a campaign event in South Carolina, April 27, 2020The Second amendment is not a right, but a duty.
And if you believe that, then you are the true champion of liberty.
– John Cornwell, former Texas Gov., to Fox News host Martha MacCallum, July 5, 2020